Driver Job Description
Role and Responsibilities
Role: Our drivers are compassionate, caring, reliable and responsible individuals charged with getting clients with mobility challenges to their destinations safely and on time.
- Show up to work in a timely manner
- Take work orders from supervisor for client trip
- Drive clients to their destinations on time
- Assist clients as they get into and out of the vehicle
- Report back to the supervisor when clients have been dropped off at their destination
- Report traffic delays en route back to supervisor
- Report any incidents or accidents to the supervisor
- Operate wheelchair lifts as needed
- Adhere to company policies and protocol
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must have previous customer service experience with a good track record of assisting customers in a thoughtful, caring and timely manner
- Must possess a valid Chauffeurs License (for at least 2 years)
- Must have a clean driving record with no points
- Must have a great work history with a track record of being a reliable responsible individual (must provide references from previous employer (s))
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Know how to keep a level head in a busy environment
- Must be passionate about helping people
- Great communication skills
- A good working knowledge of the metro-Detroit area is a plus
- First Aid/CPR certification a plus but not required (we will train and certify you if needed)
The candidate for this position will be a great communicator, enthusiastic about the opportunity and have experience in customer service. Training will be provided.
Xpress is an equal opportunity employer.
Document doesn't open? Download ADOBE READER here.
OR Apply Online.
To ensure that we continually live up to this promise, we follow the Xpress 7-Point Process:
- Utilize a driver screening program
- Train our drivers thoroughly
- Adhere to a regularly scheduled, written vehicle maintenance program
- Ensure that company vehicles are washed, cleaned and inspected on a regular basis.
- Equip each company vehicle with 2-way communication.
- Meet/exceed local, state and industry insurance requirements
- Registered with the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT).