Alzheimers & Dementia Assisted Transportation
When a member of our family is faced with depending on others for transportation needs, we often wonder whom to trust with the safe transporting of our loved one so that independence , to some degree, can remain in tact. Xpress Non-Emergency Medical Transportation offers specialized transportation for individuals with cognitive barriers to mobility, including, Alzheimers, Dementia, TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) and other brain diseases/illnesses. So, even when a loved one has to turn over the keys he or she don’t necessarily give up their mobility as well.
Xpress drivers are specially trained to transport passengers with various cognitive conditions. They obtain certifications in Passenger Service & Safety and are on-boarded with how to properly care for the passengers that trust us with getting them to & from their destinations. Our drivers are also trained on the impact of Alzheimers/Dementia on the individual and how to recognize certain symptoms. Drivers adhere to a particular protocol for transporting passengers impacted by these diseases.
We promise to provide a safe and reliable transportation service in company vehicles that are clean, in good mechanical order and professionally driven for the comfort and convenience of our passengers.
To ensure that we continually live up to this promise, we follow the Xpress 7-Point Process:
- Utilize a driver screening program
- Train our drivers thoroughly
- Adhere to a regularly scheduled, written vehicle maintenance program
- Ensure that company vehicles are washed, cleaned and inspected on a regular basis.
- Equip each company vehicle with 2-way communication.
- Meet/exceed local, state and industry insurance requirements
- Registered with the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT).